Head Cook - Indian Ladder Farms
The Head Cook is responsible for implementing farm-to-table themed food service at all Indian Ladder Farm’s food outlets including:
· Yellow Rock Café
· Cidery/Brewery (upstairs and downstairs tasting rooms and beer garden)
· Take Out Window
· On-farm Special Events
· On-farm Private Events
· Off-site Catering
The Head Cook is required to:
· Plan for and execute preparation of all food served at all locations
· Serve as principal line cook during serving hours for café and cidery/brewery
· Train, oversee and assist part-time and seasonal prep cooks
· Train, oversee and assist part-time and seasonal line cooks
· Plan, cost out, price all menus
· Ensure prepared food quality standards are met on an ongoing basis at all locations
· Ensure all food is prepared and served in a timely manner with attractive presentation
· Maintain system of portion and cost control
· Ensure strict adherence to food safety standards in all food preparation and storage areas
· Oversee and participate in the daily maintenance of a clean, safe kitchen environment
· Order and ensure procurement of all food with strong emphasis on local sourcing
· Order and procure supplies and small equipment
· Control kitchen inventory
· Ensure product rotation
· Maintain efficient organization of dry, cold and freezer storage
· Assist with recipe development for bakery
· Assist with baking and related tasks as needed
· Develop competency in cider doughnut production and assist when needed
The Head Cook at Indian Ladder Farms reports directly to the Food Service and Private Events Manager and is directly responsible for training and supervising seasonal and part-time prep cooks and line cooks.
The Head Cook must be available to work all shifts including weekdays, some weekday evenings and most weekend days and nights. This is a full-time position with a minimum 40-hour work week position including paid overtime hours at the direction of management.
For interested kitchen staff opportunity exists to participate in planting, maintaining and picking from kitchen and herb gardens, as well harvesting fruits for kitchen from on-farm berry plantings and orchards.
There are no minimum educational requirements for this position but at least two years of previous experience cooking in commercial kitchen environment is necessary. Individual must be self-starter who works well in a courteous team environment that includes both permanent and seasonal staff, including high-school-age employees. Individual should have a strong interest in farm-to-table cooking.
To apply e mail cover letter and resume to Laura Ten Eyck, Vice President, Indian Ladder Farms at firstname.lastname@example.org.